Regina Bypass ProjectThe Saskatchewan Government is building the Regina Bypass as a design-build-finance-operate-maintain public-private partnership (P3) procurement model. Construction on the new Regina Bypass began in summer 2015 and will be complete by fall 2019. See: flyover video and project information
Employment and Partnership Opportunity Contact
Regina Bypass Partners, consisting of Saskatchewan, Western Canadian and global companies, is excited to deliver the Regina Bypass Project. Should you wish to contact the team for career, business, or project information please direct enquiries here. Learn more about the team and the project by visiting the Regina Bypass Partners.
Value for Money
The P3 model is saving $380 million (16.8%) compared to a traditional model. These savings include P3-related costs, such as private financing.
- Request for Qualifications
- Request for Proposals
- Fairness Advisor Report (following RFQ)
- Fairness Advisor Report (following RFP)
- Value for Money Assessment Report
- Project Agreement
- May 13, 2014 - Request for Qualifications (RFQ) was issued and closed July 7, 2014.
- August 18, 2014 – Three proponent teams were shortlisted and announced as moving forward to Request for Proposal (RFP) phase of procurement.
Fairness Advisor Report
- September 10, 2014 – Business-to-business networking event to introduce local businesses to shortlisted proponent teams.
- May 13, 2015 - Fairness Advisor Report 2
- May 29, 2015 – Sasklink Global Transportation Partners selected as Preferred Proponent. The team comprises:
- GraCorp Capital
- Urban Systems
- Buckland and Taylor
- Clifton Assoc.
- National Bank
- Summer 2015 – Construction underway
- Fall 2017 – Infrastructure between Highway 33 and Balgonie, with exception of Pilot Butte interchange, scheduled to be open, in advance of full completion.
- Fall 2019 – Projected completion date.
External Project Advisors
As part of the due diligence process, these project advisors were procured:
- Fairness advisor – P1-Consulting Inc.
- Insurance advisor – Aon Reed Stenhouse Inc.
- Insurance advisor – In procurement
- P3 Legal advisor – Aird & Berlis LLP
- P3 Financial and Procurement advisor – Ernst & Young LLP
- Owner’s Engineer Team – Associated Engineering Group Ltd.
- Information – Respondents’ Meeting Presentation – May 22, 2014
- Information – Questions & Answers from Respondents’ Meeting – May 22, 2014