Swift Current Long-Term Care ProjectThe Government of Saskatchewan and the Cypress Health Region are building a new 225 bed long-term care facility in Swift Current using a design-build-finance-maintain public-private partnership (P3) model. The Cypress Health Region will own and operate the facility and Health Region staff will continue to provide services to residents.
The new long term care facility will be the latest addition to a site that will include schools, Cypress Regional Hospital, and the City’s recreation facilities including a leisure aquatic centre and an indoor field house. View the Construction Webcam that allows you see work underway as well as see progress to date using the time lapse camera feature. A total investment of $108.5 million is being made in the facility including the cost of design, construction, finance and maintenance in 2014 dollars. Visit the project page for more information.
Value for Money
The P3 model is saving more than $16 million (more than 13%) compared to a traditional model.
These savings include P3-related costs, such as private financing.
- Request for Qualifications
- Request for Proposals
- Fairness Advisor Report (following RFQ)
- Fairness Advisor Report (following RFP)
- Value for Money Assessment Report
- Project Agreement
- July 3, 2013 - Request for Qualifications (RFQ) was issued and closed October 9, 2013.
- November 27, 2013 - Three proponent teams were short-listed and announced as moving forward to Request for Proposal (RFP) phase of procurement.
Fairness Advisor Report
- December 17, 2013 – Business-to-business networking event held in Swift Current to introduce local businesses to short-listed proponent teams.
- July 17, 2014 – Plenary Health selected as preferred proponent.
Final Fairness Advisor Report
- Summer 2014 – Construction underway.
- Spring 2016 – Projected completion date.
In December 2013, SaskBuilds and the Cypress Health Region hosted a business-to-business networking event in Swift Current to introduce local businesses to the short-listed proponent teams bidding on the Swift Current Long-Term Care. More than 40 local business owners and representatives used the opportunity to familiarize the proponent teams with the local services, labour, skills and expertise available.
External Project Advisors
As part of the due diligence process, these project advisors were procured:
- Facility Consultant Advisor – Group2 Architecture Interior Design Inc.
- Facility Maintenance Advisor – Pacific Meridian Consulting Inc.
- Fairness Advisor – McMillan LLP
- Insurance Advisor – Aon Reed Stenhouse Inc.
- P3 Financial Advisor – Deloitte LLP
- P3 Legal Advisor – Bull, Housser & Tupper LLP
- P3 Procurement Advisor – Partnerships BC, Government of British Columbia
- Quantity Surveyor / Cost Estimator – SSA Quantity Surveyors Ltd.
Project Design Renderings